Hello lovely friends! How are we half way through December already!? I just wanted to say I am thankful for each of you readers – I really am. This time of year is all about cherishing the present time with the loved ones in your life and serving and giving to others, so I just wanted to say thank you. My wonderful boyfriend and I are hosting a Christmas party with a group of our closest friends and we are so excited to serve them and be gathered with them. What are your weekend plans!?
This week, I came up with a unique gift guide! These gifts can be specifically for Christmas, or any time of year to serve the people in your life who mean something significant to you! Some of these things are little items, but the root of it is the thought, the simplicity, the experience, and the hopeful joy it will bring and continually bring them.
Let’s get started!
- Gift a friend of yours you don’t know very well a devotional, and then ask them about it down the road to get to know them better. This is a good one to start with.
- Bring a small gift to your doctor, chiropractor or dentist – remember the conversations you’ve had, reflect on them, and thank them for how they’ve truly helped you. Something simple would be this coffee mug or this health + beauty journal I’ve heard wonderful things about!
- Plan a night of stargazing and hot chocolate with your significant other. I’ve been wanting to try this recipe! You could pair it with this blanket to stay warm.
- Bless a coworker! Bring them a plant for their desk. You can’t go wrong here. It will add the cutest decorative touch and pave a way for further conversation. This is my current favorite.
- A handwritten letter of encouragement and a reminder of their purpose to a friend you don’t get to see often. I came across this stationary recently and am obsessed.
- Make time for a coffee date with a new friend. Explore a new coffee shop together and get to know them. I am exploring this one in Minneapolis this week!
- Bake cookies or a loaf of bread for your grandparents and stop in for a visit one afternoon. I’ve been eyeing this recipe. It will make their day.
- Create a collage of photos of your family, friends, whoever it may be, for your parents to hang on their wall. Get creative! This is one of my inspirations for a pallet collage my boyfriend and I are making for both of our parents this Christmas!
I pray these simple, sweet sentiments bring you and the people in your life peace.
Until Next Time,