Hello my beautiful blog friends! Welcome to Cup of Kenz one year later! I can’t believe it’s been an entire year since I started this little corner of the internet of mine. What a year it has been. I truly am so thankful for the support, kindest words and compliments I’ve received on my blog, writing, photography and more. I have to thank Jesus for the gifts He has given me and the path He ultimately has me on, pursuing this passion!
Let’s get started!
TOP FIVE BLOG POSTS THIS YEAR:
I wanted to take the time to share a few things I’ve learned over my first year as a blogger!
Do what works best for you
- Allow yourself grace when it comes to consistency. It’s important if you want to be incredibly successful, but also sometimes not attainable or reasonable. I went through a few really hard times in the beginning of the year and didn’t post a blog post for three whole months. Did I lose some followers? Yes definitely. But the ones who are your true audience and care for you, will stick around and support you no matter what!
Post what you want, not what you think others want to see
- Stay true to you, your heart, and your purpose. You are you and there is only one of you! If you were to post similar to what another blogger is posting, you wouldn’t be you. Embrace your authentic self. I should note, I think it is okay and helpful sometimes to ask for what type of content your followers would like to see – but don’t completely change what you usually write about, stick in your niche
- Be confident in the gifts you have and who God created you to be! Comparison can be such an ugly cycle. Stand tall and firm in Jesus and everything else will fall into place how it’s supposed to. Share YOUR heart, people are waiting to hear just that from you
It’s okay to be in progress
- My blog may have had some ups and downs the first year, but I learned so much from going through that process. Knowing it’s okay to be in progress is so important. I don’t have to have the most successful blog or the prettiest Instagram feed, if you’re making a few steps towards your goals and honoring the Lord, I think you’re doing amazing
- Remember why you started. Remember what sparked that initial passion. Remind yourself of that on days where it’s hard or you don’t have energy to create content. Whatever it may be that caused you to start this platform and foundation, remember how you grew your roots and stay rooted in those
What I hope for in the next year for Cup of Kenz:
- Being more consistent with blog posts
- Start writing blog topics for college-aged women
- Work with a few more brands that align with my brand
- Meet more blogger friends in real life!
Thank you so much for reading today!
Until Next Time,