Happy New Years Eve! I hope everyone had a very special Christmas with family and loved ones and have had time to relax and take in the magic of this season. I always love the time between Christmas and New Years because it still feels like Christmas/don’t know what day it is and you have time to reflect on the past year which I personally love. I always strive to show you guys how to have faith in everyday life so I hope this post does just that! In today’s post, I am sharing a few lessons I will take away from 2018.
- Unexpected things often lead to wonderful destinations
- Whether it was losing two close loved ones this year, meeting a new best pal, or finding a small group God-fearing community – all of these being unexpected, they all brought something wonderful, whether it be an answered prayer, or a new found type of peace or extra appreciation for family time
- Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful
- 2018 threw me a lot of curveballs, but looking back, it was an absolutely beautifully orchestrated expression of God’s faithfulness and plan
- God will always bring good from hard situations
- Gratitude can change your whole perspective
- My faith in God and expressing gratitude were what got me through a few tough months this year
- Strive to be more and more of who God created you to be
- Take time to dig into your soul, what you love, how you love, and all of your little quirks. I finally found within myself the armor of acceptance that He already has for us
- Live simply
- I have always been a homebody and loved the little things in life – but I guess you could say I never really embraced that or accepted that part of myself fully. This year I found safety and peace in this.
- Don’t discredit your passions and interests
I am so thankful for a God who calls us to be brave and to be His. It’s an honor and privilege. I would love to hear what you will take away from 2018 in the comments below!
Happy New Year!